Monday, June 28, 2010

Recent Fashion Trends 2010

So work has been keeping me very busy, which is sad because it's not that important of a job. But it has been enjoyable working for a fast fashion company, I get to be submersed in fashion ALL DAY long. I also get to be on top of the fashion trends.

What's in:

- Soft, girly fashion. This includes preppy pink, cardigans, sweaters, skirts, lace, headbands and pearls. This is very prevalent in spring 2010 fashion. I am predicting that it will definitely carry into the fall. I love this trend because I love pink. Think JCrew if you're having some trouble picturing it. Layers are so important with this trend. Layer using different textures such as lace, pearls, ribbons and beads. Gold toned jewelry works well with this trend. I like to pair my lace tank/shirt over a striped tank (which tones down the stripes). Tuck IN with this trend.

- Ruffles. In! everywhere!

- Florals. Small floral print is very 'in' right now. Not big and gaudy, but very small prints. Think lawn/calico fabric.

- Shirt Dresses. Extra long button downs that are also dresses! I've loved these for years. I'm glad to see that they are still in. It is a versatile flattering style. I love white ones as well as pink ones! These will probably be in for a while.

- Military. My least favorite trend. Deals with mostly military silhouette cuts especially standing/mandarin collars and jackets. Colors prevalent with this trend are military green and brown. I expect that it will also carry into the fall. Hopefully this is more of short lived thing. For me, I have been into this for a while and it's getting old for me.

- Safari. I don't know if this will stay in or catch on. There is a high possibility that it could be an annual spring/summer thing. Involves big pockets, safari cuts on jackets, and khaki twill.

- Wedges. These shoes are back in. They are more comfortable than stilettos. To be extra trendy, combine this style with gladiator, girly or tribal. These were in during spring/summer 2010. It has yet to be seen whether they will be 'in' during the fall. I feel like wedge heels are more of a spring/summer fashion. But my boss wore some fabulous wood heels the other day in a darker color. She looked great!

- Tribal. Shirts, shoes, belts, jewelry. It's everywhere. Think beading and color. Also more of a spring/summer thing unless they can turn bright colors into more fall friendly hues.

- Yellow. SO IN for spring/summer 2010. Fall 2010? I don't know, but I'm guessing not since it is such a bright color.

- Nautical. This has been in for a while now. No surprises: blue stripes, white stripes, gold buttons with military flare. Meh. People who like it will continue to indulge. I've moved on; however, the white/blue pairing is still very in.

- Stripes. In, still in. Think black and white 1 inch and thinner. Will stick around during the fall. These striped shirts are everywhere all over the fall collections.

- Denim. Shirts, pants, jackets. Everywhere. This may stay in during the fall.

- Jeans Hues. I feel that lighter colors such as faded blue, white etc. are more appropriate for summer/spring. For the fall, I don't think we will be letting go of the dark trends anytime soon. They are far too flattering.

- Jean cuts. I expect that skinny will stay in longer. It has reached the kind of market penetration to the point where it's a basic (like leggings). However, boot cut may be making a comeback on the horizon. Wide leg? OUT.

- High waisted pants/shorts. Still 'in' ish for summer 2010. But I haven't seen anything suggesting that it will be in much longer. I don't find it to be a flattering trend. See Jessica Simpson and highwaisted jeans for an example.

- Textured trends. This means ruffles, petals, bows, wrinkled/crumpled, and un-flat elements of a look are very in.

- Fall 2010 Colors. Here's a tidbit of what I've seen so far in our winter collection. Lots of black, navy, military green and brown/beigey hues . Often paired with skinny brown belts. Also stripes are still in. Pairings with shirts tucked into skirts are going to be SO in. The denim trend may stick around a while longer. Clean, tapered pants are definitely a go. The girly trend will definitely stick around. Florals? Rompers? Still in.

2 comments:

ViAnh Nguyen said...

Don't forget mushroom/gray nail polish. OPI for Sephora's "Metro Chic" color is flying off the shelves as I have heard and selling for ridiculous prices on eBay.

I agree with everything else for sure. I love rompers and ruffles!

Great job on everything girl :)

Augustine said...

I love your input! Hmm I've seen a lot of Pale Pink as the nail polish trend for the season. I heard that OPI's Caliente coral for sephora is quite popular too this summer. =)

Post a Comment